Sunday 4 December 2016

Water and Carbon in the Amazon Rainforest

For the past 6 years teaching geography A-level I've had to choose between ecosystems and plate tectonics so sadly I haven't taught much on tropical rainforests for quite a while (you can guess which of the two aforementioned topics is more popular!). So I was excited to see the Amazon rainforest as one of the core case studies in the textbook for this new OCR spec. 

I hope your enjoy the lesson and resources I've prepared (click on the link below to download). For a topic with such a wealth of information available it sure took me a long time to decide what to put in!

I haven't actually used it myself yet but I'm expecting it will take at least 2-3 lessons plus homework. 

It includes a GIS activity and consideration of exam questions (sample ones taken from the OCR website). I've attempted to cover everything mentioned in the specification! 

Lastly I would like to thank Charlotte Springall for her help in creating this resource.

If you would like to leave me a comment with some feedback it would be much appreciated!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Who Else is Visiting This Blog?