Saturday 4 February 2012

G is for Geography...!

Hey everyone! As you know open evening is coming up next Thursday, and I thought it would be great to create a proper wall display to show everyone what a great subject geography is and hopefully get more people excited about it! Another teacher in the college suggested a great idea - to create a border for the cork board using letters of the alphabet with geography words, so e.g. A is for... arid for example, and we can have 26 squares, each with a geography work and cool picture, e.g. Z is for Zeugen!

They need to be all the same format to keep it looking neat and professional, so I've come up with what I think will be a simple but effective way to do this. The idea is to use this website:

http://bighugelabs.com/motivator.php

along with google maps/earth and to find a satellite picture of an interesting landform, landscape, settlement or even a whole country or continent, maybe we could have the whole earth for one of them. For example 'E is for Etna' and then have a picture of mount Etna.

For the 3 lines of text underneath you can add explanation or interesting fact about the picture, e.g. 'Etna is the talled active volcano in Europe' (or make it fill up 2 lines), then the third line can be for you name (to show they were created by students and not me!).

Try to chose something that you really like, you could chose the letter that your name starts with.

What do you think? Let me know if you need any help!! Once done please email to me and I will print it as we need to make sure they're all the same size. If you can do it by thursday that would be great but if not still have a go as there's plenty more open evenings coming up, and anyway, this isn't just for open evening but to make our classroom look nicer!!

I'll try to do an example soon to show you (I'll do H!) but right now I think 11.57pm is time to sleep!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Who Else is Visiting This Blog?