Thursday 8 August 2013

Baby BOOOMMMM!!

Normally when you hear 'UK' and 'Baby Boom' in the same sentence you assume I'm explaining the bumps on our population pyramid and referring to the one that happened after the last world war, but turns out from 2011-12 'one' became 'one and a half' born every minute.

You can see more details in this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23618487

Great if the UK is one of your population policy case studies as this will give you something to say in those tricky 'assess the success' questions...


And here was me thinking that there'd always been loads of babies everywhere and I was only recently noticing it after having one myself, but perhaps I have become an unwitting victim of the very policies I've been teaching about!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Who Else is Visiting This Blog?